Water Chemistry Training
SpaTech Training are the official training providers for the BISHTA Water Hygiene Management Training. The BISHTA syllabus has been devised to provide the required knowledge for companies when dealing with their customers and is also the minimum training requirement for companies wishing to join BISHTA.
The key areas of the common syllabus include a balance of theoretical and practical training:
- Types of Spas (including Swim Spas) and Hot Tubs
- Difference between ‘Commercial Spas’ and ‘Business Use of Domestic Hot Tubs’
- Why does water need to be chemically treated and filtered?
- What can grow and how to kill it
- Legislation: L8 and HSG282
- Suitable products for water treatment
- Sanitisers – Oxidising biocides, Chlorine, “Bromine”, others?
- pH and Water Balance
- Risk Assessments including BS 8580:2010
- Microbiological testing – monthly tests and quarterly Legionella
- Record keeping
- What happens when it all goes wrong?
- Practical: water testing
- Written test paper
- Certification Supplementary advice on
- Troubleshooting tips
- Health & Safety advice, including the storage, safe handling and use of chemicals
- Insurance – including Legionnaires’ Disease, “pollution” caution
A full day is required to deliver the training and incorporates the important and latest information on HSG282.
The course fees may vary depending on a number of factors such as venue hire and numbers of candidates, but are typically around £199+VAT per candidate for open courses, however, closed courses are available for larger holiday parks with negotiable rates. Contact us on 01522 300737 for more information on the course and to discuss your requirements.